[Twisted-Python] Using cProfile instead of hotshot with twistd

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 10 17:20:18 EDT 2010

On 08:55 pm, jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com wrote:
>This doesn't seem to work either. Also on 8.2.0.

This works for me:

    twistd --savestats --profiler cprofile -n --profile prof.stats web

prof.stats is written and contains a binary dump of the profile data.
This also works:

    twistd --profiler cprofile -n --profile prof.stats web

and produces a prof.stats containing a plaintext dump of the profile.

I tested on the 8.2 release branch, which should be the same as the 8.2
release.  I used Python 2.6 on Ubuntu 9.10.

Jean-Paul