[Twisted-Python] Question about XMLRPC, Sync and ASync

Andrew Bennetts andrew at bemusement.org
Sat Aug 7 22:54:22 EDT 2010

Andrew Francis wrote:
[...]
> I am a little confused about the basic.LineReceiver because I thought
> that was used for creating server protocols?

Why would you think that?  It's a perfectly good basis for implementing
the client or server side of a line-based protocol.  For example, the
SMTP server protocol and SMTP client protocol in twisted.mail both use
LineReceiver (or LineOnlyReceiver).

TCP is symmetric: once the connection has been established there's no
significant difference between the client and the server, both sides are
just peers.

-Andrew.