[Twisted-Python] Twisted ORM

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Sat Aug 7 05:24:33 EDT 2010

Great work, I'm currently looking into doing some integration work with
couchdb and stumbled over paisly https://launchpad.net/paisley but this
piece of code is poorly maintained.

Not being the db master (neither from heart nor from profession) let me
ask the dumb question:

How do you rate the chances of interfacing couchdb to your code?

Why am I fascinated by the promises couchdb makes? I really hate the
overstructuring of data the SQL DBs impose - the moment you structure
the data is the moment you realize that there is an impedance mismatch
between data and its usage and technically ORMs are no more than
impedance adapters, lightening the burden of the programmer to
restructure data. With the promises couchdb makes in terms of imposing
the least possible structuring onto the data and doing the
(re)structuring when querying and retrieving it struck a note in me.

Thanks for comments, Werner