[Twisted-Python] [ANN] txwsgi 0.1

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Sun Apr 11 15:50:42 EDT 2010

I'm pleased to announce txwsgi, version 0.1.

txwsgi is a fork of twisted.web.wsgi, that, unlike the original
implementation, executes the WSGI application in the main I/O thread.

txwsgi implements the x-wsgiorg.suspend extension (originally proposed
during a discussion on the twisted-web mailing list!), that enables
support to asynchronous WSGI applications that can use Twisted API.

Some examples are available in the doc/examples directory, in the source
distribution.

The project is available on BitBucket:
http://bitbucket.org/mperillo/txwsgi/

More informations are available in the README file.
The x-wsgiorg.suspend extension is specified in doc/wsgiorg.suspend.rst.

Please note that I implemented txwsgi to serve as a reference
implementation.  If someone is interested in using it for non testing
purpose, please let me know since the code needs to be reviewed, some
small issues needs to be fixed and tests must be written.

Regards  Manlio Perillo