[Twisted-Python] Noob alert - Looking for a framework for creating a long polling service, Forking Orbited

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 20:24:20 EDT 2010

On Apr 3, 2010, at 3:10 PM, ssteinerX at gmail.com wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Alex Clemesha wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 6:03 AM, Reza Lotun <rlotun at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Steve,

>>> Well, it's something I've only be toying with. I can handle all the
>>> specific Twisted fixes I'd like to make:
>>> - handling lost connections gracefully
>>> - proper use of twistd and daemonization
>>> - massive code cleanups
>>
>> I would very much support you continuing development on Orbited.
>> In fact, I believe I can help, or already have patches for most of the
>> above issues you mention.  A lot of this is result of my "Hotdot" project,
>> "Create realtime webapps using Django + Orbited + Twisted":
>> http://github.com/clemesha/hotdot

I've cloned orbited to BitBucket to take up a fork of the project.

	http://bitbucket.org/ssteinerx/orbited-new/overview/

I really need this for a project and since the old Orbited seems to be abandoned, I'm taking it on.

Contributions gladly accepted.

If you're interested in working on it, I'll be happy to give you write access.

I've sent an e-mail to CarterMichael at gmail.com to see whether he'll give an official blessing to this fork once we've moved it forward a bit.

Thanks,