[Twisted-Python] strange exception on Python 2.6 + Snow Leopard

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Tue Sep 29 16:50:29 EDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 4:42 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> On 08:37 pm, phil at bubblehouse.org wrote:
>> I do see the following issues during compilation, which cause the
>> epoll reactor to fail. I don't use the epoll reactor, so I haven't
>> bothered trying to fix it:
[snip]
> These aren't really fixable.  OS X does not have epoll.  The epoll
> reactor is for Linux.

Ah yes, I should have known that.

Any idea what's causing these tracebacks on startup? I've grepped
everywhere for occurrences of ssl_test, _test, cleared out my
dropin.cache files, etc, but nothing makes any difference.

-phil

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line
413, in __str__
     return self.getSynopsis() + '\n' + self.getUsage(width=None)
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line
449, in getUsage
     for (cmd, short, parser, desc) in self.subCommands:
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py",
line 675, in subCommands
     for plug in plugins:
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/plugin.py", line 200,
in getPlugins
     allDropins = getCache(package)
--- <exception caught here> ---
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/plugin.py", line 165,
in getCache
     provider = pluginModule.load()
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/modules.py",
line 381, in load
     return self.pathEntry.pythonPath.moduleLoader(self.name)
   File "/Users/phil/Workspace/Twisted/twisted/python/reflect.py",
line 473, in namedAny
     obj = getattr(obj, n)
exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl_test'