[Twisted-Python] Twisted OpenSSL Server and multiple clients

gary clark burslem2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 27 16:08:45 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to Twisted, hence the red flag and patience card pulled out.

I have written a client that connects perfectly well to a twisted server thats using open-ssl to communicate to each other. Basically I took the open-ssl echo server example and tweaked it.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I want to have multiple clients that can connect to the server.

So I have a few questions:

1) When a client connects to my server? What connection information
   can be collected and stored persistently?

   Upon a client connecting I want to store connection information and
   I want to remove connection information when its disconnected from
   the persistent store.

2) What persistent store is adopted for twisted if any?

3) I want to know when a table has changed so I can then pull information
   from a table and use the connection information if present to send data
   to my client. How is this accomplished in twisted?

Again I apologise in advance, if someone can shed some light into how twisted accomplishes the basic tasks of multiple clients thats great.

Oh boy.

Thanks,
Garyc