[Twisted-Python] VC++ client and a Twisted OpenSSL Server

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Sep 23 14:37:45 EDT 2009

On 03:04 pm, burslem2001 at yahoo.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Firstly I'm new to twisted hence patience and a deep breath my be
>necessary.
>
>I wrote a simple VC++ client that communicates to a VC++ server using
>OpenSSL. It loads .pem file and communicates great.
>
>However I want the client to talk to a twisted server provided from
>TwistedMatrix:
>
>[snip]
>
>When attempting to connect the client, it failed on BIO_do_connect.

Hi Gary,

I suggest investigating the cause of the BIO_do_connect failure more
thoroughly.  OpenSSL provides a lot of information when an API fails.
Check out ERR_get_error and the related APIs in OpenSSL and use them to
learn more about the BIO_do_connect failure.  This should point more
directly at the reason the connection cannot be set up, and that may
suggest further avenues for debugging.  Feel free to come back with the
details if you'd like help interpreting them.

Jean-Paul