[Twisted-Python] IOCP reactor on Windows 2000

Cedric Delfosse cdelfosse at mandriva.com
Fri Sep 11 12:42:04 EDT 2009

Le mercredi 09 septembre 2009 à 21:41 -0700, Pavel Pergamenshchik a
écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Cedric Delfosse <cdelfosse at mandriva.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Twisted Python 8.2.0 on Windows 2000 gives me this TB when I try to use
> > the IOCP reactor. Is it supported on this platform ? (Works very well on
> > Windows XP)
> >
> > The instance's SvcRun() method failed
> >  File "win32serviceutil.pyc", line 805, in SvcRun
> >  File "server-win32.pyc", line 81, in SvcDoRun
> >  File "twisted\internet\iocpreactor\__init__.pyc", line 8, in <module>
> >  File "twisted\internet\iocpreactor\reactor.pyc", line 19, in <module>
> >  File "twisted\internet\iocpreactor\iocpsupport.pyc", line 12, in <module>
> >  File "twisted\internet\iocpreactor\iocpsupport.pyc", line 10, in __load
> >  File "iocpsupport.pyx", line 242, in iocpsupport
> > <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>: Failed to initialize Winsock function vectors
>
> iocpreactor is not supported on Windows 2000. iocpreactor relies on
> ConnectEx() API. It was introduced in Windows XP. It is,
> theoretically, possible to work around it, but nobody has done so.

Hello,

thanks a lot.

Unfortunately I'm not used at all to Windows programming. I tried to use
a library thats wrap missing API for Windows 2000, but with no luck (gpt
some obscure DLL issues):
http://win2kgaming.site90.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7

Maybe the ConnectEx() API replacement used by this library could be a
solution ? (see code attached to this mail)

Regards,

--
Cedric Delfosse                                    Mandriva / Linbox
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 METZ - FRANCE