[Twisted-Python] sftp with Twisted

gslindstrom at gmail.com gslindstrom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 10:37:40 EDT 2009

I am new to Twisted but have read through the Twisted Book (O'Reilley) and
worked many of the examples. I think I have deferreds down (though I'm not
sure I understand the red/green diagram, yet :-). I'm running Python 2.4 on
Gentoo Linux.

We would like to look into using Twisted for sftp. Looking through
the "conch" routines I found the test_filetransfer.py. I see lots of
classes, "Avitars" and tests but I can't figure out what everything is
doing or how to connect to a box (using either a username/password of a
key) and transfer files! Is there a "how-to" showing, well..., how to set
up and use sftp with Twisted? If not, I'd be willing to write one up if
someone would volunteer to mentor me through the process.

Thanks for your help,

--greg