[Twisted-Python] Installing twisted on Snow Leopard with custom 32-bit Python from python.org

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Sep 4 06:21:08 EDT 2009

On Friday, 04 September, 2009, at 08:22AM, "Nathan" <nathan.stocks at gmail.com> wrote:
>I've installed the 32-bit Python on Snow Leopard (for various reasons
>unrelated to twisted) and would like to get twisted working with it.
>I've tried downloading twisted and running the standard "sudo python
>setup.py install" -- but that seems to simply install it in the system
>Python installation.  How can I get twisted installed where the Python
>installation that I got from python.org can use it?

Your probably using /usr/bin/python rather than the one you downloaded from Python.org.

What's the output of 'which python'?  The python.org installer places binaries into /usr/local/bin, and also has a script in /Application/Python 2.6/ that will patch the startup profile of your shell to ensure that the python.org binaries are earlier on $PATH than the system install.

Ronald