[Twisted-Python] Django + Twisted trunk, fresh virtualenv, simplest demo

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 09:24:41 EDT 2009

Hi!

	I was pulling my hair out yesterday, trying to get my Django
application's forms working on both the development server, and
running under Twisted trunk.

	POST variables were not arriving in the REQUEST object where they
belonged, but only under Twisted.

	So, I did the only logical thing; I made a completely isolated test
case, now available at:

	https://github.com/ssteiner/twisted-django/

	Along the way, I finally decided to start over from scratch with a
brand new --no-site-packages virtualenv, then installed only what was
absolutely required.

	The repository shows what I think may be the simplest way to run
Django under Twisted WSGI which I pretty much stole wholesale from the
Pinax WSGI setup.

	I'll be writing a blog post with a blow-by-blow shortly which I'll
post when it's done but, for now, this is a very clear, and dead
simple way to run Django under Twisted WSGI.

	Please note: you *must* be running a Twisted trunk checkout because
some WSGI bugs have been fixed since the most recent release.