[Twisted-Python] Can I post a consultant request here?

Konrads Smelkovs konrads at smelkovs.com
Mon Oct 19 13:13:42 EDT 2009

hi,
i wrote a project that got cancelled that does almost what you need:
screen scraping controller with some scrapers. I wold gladly adapt
this for your needs. This system takes json data and searches on other
sites for information with scrapers. Scrapers can take a while to
return data. Once done;; user can poll to fetch data. System is at
http://rogue.smelkovs.com:8080/ with system docs at
http://rogue.smelkovs.com:8080/static/manual.doc
code shows how to use storm orm as well. This platform may be of value
to you to kick start your project.
i can do general twisted consultancy as well.
Let me know if I can help.

2009/10/15, Steve Steiner (listsin) <listsin at integrateddevcorp.com>:

> On Oct 15, 2009, at 8:53 AM, Itamar Turner-Trauring (aka Shtull-
> Trauring) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 00:01 -0400, Steve Steiner (listsin) wrote:
>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> 	I apologize in advance if this type of request is not desired/
>>> allowed
>>> on this list.
>>
>> Nope, it's fine. You might also want to post to the twisted-web list.
>>
>>> 	I'm looking for a very short-term mentoring/consulting contract to
>>> help me get an Ajax/Comet type of connection working between a web
>>> interface and a fairly long-running, server-side process.
>>>
>>> 	I want the web interface to reflect the server-side data as it
>>> becomes available.
>>
>> Have you seen http://orbited.org? Latest version uses Twisted, I
>> think.
>
> Yes, thanks, I've seen it, but I don't want to figure it out myself.
>
> I want to hire someone who already knows it to make it go.
>
> I've got too many other things to do to stop and learn yet another tool.

Nosūtīts no manas mobilās ierīces

--
Konrads Smelkovs
Applied IT sorcery.