[Twisted-Python] HTTPClientFactory's deferred never finishing download on .vcf (vcard file) link

Steve Steiner (listsin) listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Sat Oct 10 11:56:41 EDT 2009

On Oct 10, 2009, at 3:18 AM, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Steve Steiner (listsin) <listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
> > wrote:
> Just realized that that was off-twistedmatrix, same doc at:
>
>        http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/8.2.0/api/twisted.web.http.Request.html
>
> so it's not some off-site weirdness...
>
> What "weirdness" are you referring to?

I was just referring to the fact that the original document was not on
the Twisted site so I was referring to it not being something someone
else did with Twisted.

One of the things I was, and still am having some trouble with in
Twisted is remembering the right names of things.

Much of the other code I'm using follows PEP-8 naming_conventions for
methods and such whereas Twisted follows the Twisted Coding Standard
which is a more javaCamelCase style convention.

That particular documentation refers to 'backwards compatible'
functions using PEP-8 style attribute names while preferring the newer
Twisted Coding Standard flavoured names.