[Twisted-Python] reactor.run() do not return after reactor.stop()

Stanislav Yudin decvar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 08:14:45 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I am having a problem with current twisted trunk (rev 27375). I am trying to
implement simple ssh client with conch.ssh but right now my implementation
works wrong way. I've made a wrapper class for my client factory, to
separate host/creds information and command I want to execute. So in execute
method of the wrapper I am calling reactor.run() - (that blocks execute
method) and in one of callbacks for success/error calling reactor.stop(). So
the problem is that the first call to execute returns from reactor.run()
right after reactor.stop(), but second call to same method of same instance
do not return ever.
I believe I am doing something wrong, so please help with find out what I've
missed. Problem code attached.