[Twisted-Python] HTTPClientFactory's deferred never finishing download on .vcf (vcard file) link

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:53:44 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Steve Steiner (listsin)
<listsin at integrateddevcorp.com> wrote:
> I haven't found any way to dump the actual headers from within Twisted

The getPage function in twisted.web is suited for simple calls but
won't return returns. What you have to do is create your own slightly
modified version of getPage that keeps track of the factory used for
the call (by attaching it to the deferred or something).

> Can anyone tell me what it is about this particular transaction that's
> not allowing the deferred to fire its callbacks which I presume is
> because it never finishes getting the stuff it's looking for.  This
> particular URL returns a .vcf file.

Well, without seeing the complete code example that's failing I can't
really tell you. The best I can say is that you should make sure to
attach errBacks that log any errors you see (i.e. it could be as
simple as going 'print result.getTraceback()').

Cheers,
Reza

--
Reza Lotun