[Twisted-Python] Phasing out old-style classes

Matt Perry matt at unshift.net
Thu Oct 8 21:28:10 EDT 2009

Mark, you might find this link helpful:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/172306/how-are-you-planning-on-handling-the-migration-to-python-3/214601#214601

Seems to me that the answer is no, there isn't a serious effort underway to
port to Python 3, and there probably won't be for a while.  My guess is that
porting efforts will be rather pedestrian (e.g., running 2to3 and fixing a
few things here and there) for a while until Python 3 gains some momentum,
or unless there's a lot of community contributions for it.

  - Matt