[Twisted-Python] getting #2015 (Generic SASL library) moving again?

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Oct 5 14:32:30 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see this ticket get moving again.

Excellent!

> I've gone over what's been done so far (and put my comments in the ticket),
> and it looks like everything is at least mostly ready to be merged into the
> Twisted trunk.

Your analysis on the ticket looks fairly thorough.

> So what else needs to be done to get this to happen?  I'm happy to try and
> get it done, but a little direction would be really handy. ;)

The workflow is pretty simple.

   1. author submits change
   2. reviewer reviews change
   3. someone responds to feedback
   4. "someone" becomes "author", repeat

Right now we're stuck in the middle of step 3, but given that therve does
not appear to be actively working on this branch, the path forward is
clear.  *You* become "someone", and submit a patch that finishes dealing
with the issues that you have mentioned as not already taken care of by
therve's subsequent changesets.  The best way to do this is to submit a
patch against the branch, rather than against trunk.  Given such a patch, a
twisted committer can then apply the patch to the branch and submit to
buildbots (etc) as appropriate.  By submitting it against the branch, you
make it easy for the reviewer to examine the changes you're submitting in
isolation from the rest of the larger change, to see if they address the
points that you've brought up.

If the reviewer is happy with your changes, then the patch + branch will be
immediately merged to trunk; of course, the next review might have a little
more feedback for you to deal with ;).

Thanks for your interest!