[Twisted-Python] getPeer() inside conch

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 1 22:53:05 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Benjamin Rutt <rutt.4 at osu.edu> wrote:

> (A/B) it looks like the SSHChannel implementation of getPeer() is faulty.
> If I change my two-line implementation of getPeer() inside
> SSHSessionProcessProtocol to simply 'return self.session.getPeer()', I get:
>
>   File
> "/home/ruttbe/dev/python/twisted-8.2.0-inst/lib/python/twisted/conch/ssh/session.py",
> line 216, in getPeer
>     return self.session.getPeer()
>   File
> "/home/ruttbe/dev/python/twisted-8.2.0-inst/lib/python/twisted/conch/ssh/channel.py",
> line 261, in getPeer
>     return('SSH', )+self.conn.transport.getPeer()
> AttributeError: SSHServerTransport instance has no attribute 'getPeer'

OK, I give up :).  Looks like that is pretty clearly a bug, though.

> (C) regarding adding a test, which file do you think would be suitable
> here?  something in the twisted/test dir?

I am not sure which exact file, but something of the form
twisted/conch/test/test_<something>.py

Paul Swartz (z3p) should really weigh in on this.  You can find him on IRC
most days, although hopefully he's reading the mailing list :).