[Twisted-Python] Twisted and db table changes

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Oct 1 16:51:54 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Steve <steve at divillo.com> wrote:

> If you are using PostgreSQL you can use this technique
>
> http://www.divillo.com

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing!

However, whenever I see a Twisted program calling select()... especially
select() in a thread ;-) I wonder if things couldn't be made a bit simpler,
responsive, and performant by just asking the Twisted main loop to monitor
the file descriptor instead.  It looks like "psycho pig two" has the
functionality that you need.

(Are you planning to keep this technique described on the front of your
website indefinitely?  If not, a more durable link would be great :).)