[Twisted-Python] ANN: StreamHarvester-0.1 Beta

Godson Gera godson.g at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:14:13 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Olivier Parisy <olivier.parisy at free.fr>wrote:

> Godson Gera a écrit :
> >
> > Twisted is used for writing StreamHarvester's network functionality.
> >
> Hearing about full-fledged twisted applications is always nice!
>
> How did you package the Windows version? Was there any gotcha?
>
> Regards,
> Olivier.

I've used py2exe for making exe application. Initially there were some
issues like required data files were left out. And some python modules were
not automatically included, for which I've used 'includes' option of py2exe.
After initial package the look&feel of  app was like a old MFC application,
solution was to include correct manifest file. Once the exe was made I've
used Inno setup for creating a setup file.  ( wxPython is used to build GUI
)

Also there were some issues in using wxreactor. On windows if I call
reactor.stop() to close the application it works perfectly. But on linux it
hangs forever, work around was to call sys.exit()

You can use GUI2Exe which will give a easy start for packaging python
applications.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Godson Gera