[Twisted-Python] Twisted 9.0.0 prerelease 1

David Ripton dripton at ripton.net
Fri Nov 20 16:33:24 EST 2009

On 2009.11.19 22:13:46 -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> Hey guys. I've done an initial cut of Twisted 9. Please check out
> these tarballs and tell me whether or not you find any regressions or
> other release-related problems.
>
> The release notes are here:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix/twisted-prereleases/9.0.0pre1/NEWS.txt
>
> The tarballs are here:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/users/radix/twisted-prereleases/9.0.0pre1/
>
> Please post a message even if you don't have any problems.

I just replaced Twisted 8.2.0 with 9.0.0pre1 in my local Git repo at
work, and did a full build of our product, and then ran the bits that
use Twisted (we use the core and the gtk2 reactor and AMP, on RHEL), and
nothing obviously weird or bad happened.  Bor-ing!  Maybe try fewer unit
tests next time, to add more excitement to the upgrade process?

David Ripton    dripton at ripton.net