[Twisted-Python] Telnet server: localecho "ON" for linux client but not for windows client

James Tanis james at tanis.us
Tue Nov 17 10:02:54 EST 2009

I looked at your code a bit more, read below.

> On Nov 16, 2009, at 9:14 AM, filoufake-python at yahoo.fr wrote:
>

>>    raise NotImplementedError("Not supported by this realm")
>>
>> class MyTelnet(StatefulTelnetProtocol):
>>  def telnet_Command(self, line):
>>    print "line received via telnet", line
>>    self.sendLine('coucou man, you send me %s' % line)

According to the documentation: the default telnet_User method returns 'Password' to go into Password mode, and the default telnet_Password method returns 'Command' to go into Command mode."

The problem, I'm guessing, is your reimplementing the telnet_Command method wherein you don't appropriately handle turning echo back on. My suggestion would be to look in Twisted's code to find the "default" command method, there should be something obvious there which performs the function that you need.