[Twisted-Python] Launching Twisted client using Process call

naman jain namanvit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 01:07:50 EST 2009

Hi ,

I have a twisted client server model running.
My requirement is to launch my client from another program based on some
event received by the master program.

I try to launch it as a Process:
  foo = Process( target=twisted_client.main, args=(q,uid,))
  foo.start()
  foo.join()
  status = q.get()

Launching the client in this manner, is not showing reliable results.
Frequently , I get this error:
"*Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class
'twisted.internet.error.TimeoutError'>: User timeout caused connection
failure.* "

when on the other side using:
os.system("python twisted_client.py") runs perfectly, connecting everytime
to the server.

I found relevant discussion on the following thread but could not figure out
a solution.

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2007-December/016430.html

Thanks for any help!

Regards