[Twisted-Python] Deferred SOAP methods

Tuure Laurinolli tuure.laurinolli at indagon.com
Sat Nov 14 09:15:33 EST 2009

Landreville wrote:

> Sometimes the calls are blocking because it is calling another SOAP
> server (or possibly itself over SOAP). My SOAP calls will all be
> blocking because twisted.web.soap doesn't support WSDL.

What are you using for your SOAP client calls, then? There is something
called "ZSI" (http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/zsi.html) that can
operate with Twisted and supports WSDL.

I once used it to write a server that could be used with an existing
WSDL as its interface. IIRC its Twised integration has some problems
(like not supporting asynchronous handling of requests) but they were
relatively simple to overcome.