[Twisted-Python] Twisted webserver performance issues (was volunteer...)

Tom Leys leyssw at ihug.co.nz
Sat Nov 7 17:41:18 EST 2009

Isn't the simplest option to place a decent reverse proxy between the
webserver and our clients?

For example, varnish will cache and proxy simple GETs, so simple views
of the front page and docs (which I imagine is a large chunk of the
traffic) will be offloaded from the webserver:
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/VarnishFeatures

Also, is the current installation (Db, apache + trac) all on one machine
or are the DB and the webserver split already?

These would be easy ways to throw more hardware at the problem.

What is the current web-server configuration?
Can you share traffic stats for the top 20 pages, so we get an idea of
where the load is?

-Tom