[Twisted-Python] Volunteer for twisted code Reviews and Commits

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Nov 6 19:54:38 EST 2009

On 12:48 am, ssteinerx at gmail.com wrote:

>On Nov 6, 2009, at 5:49 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>>  - Website.  Our front page needs an overhaul.  It's too hard for
>>people
>>new to Twisted to get the information they need from the current front
>>page.  We should have a goal-oriented page that makes it easy for
>>someone who just knows "I want to write a jabber client" to get to the
>>Twisted Words page, the jabber/xmpp examples, the Twisted Words
>>examples, etc.
>
>I wonder whether I could offer anything in terms of getting the
>Twisted site onto better hosting.  I
>t's often unreachable, and also often unusably slow but I'm not sure
>whether that's a horsepower or software issue, or both.
>
>I have lots of server space in good quarters so if that's of interest
>please have whoever would be in charge of that contact me off-list.

As far as I can tell, these problems are due solely to the quality of
trac.  There is no indication that they will disappear through only an
improvement of the hardware the site is hosted on (unless we consider a
really amazing improvement, something on the order of 10x faster CPU and
disk than what we have now, a 3GHz P4 and contemporary disks).

I would be happy to be mistaken in this, though.

Jean-Paul