[Twisted-Python] Connect to an IRC server, modules.

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 4 01:29:25 EST 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Alberto Piu wrote:

> first of all, I apologize for bad english. I am new with Twisted, and
> although it seems very powerful, I'm having some problems in using it.
> I'm trying to create an IRC bot, which basically does nothing. My idea
> is to write a skeleton that's improved by modules, which do different
> things in an IRC channel.

It's OK.  Your english is not so bad.  I think I understand your
question :).  I will try to use very simple english in my answer.

> I tried to explain as better as I could. If you can, please use
> examples and speak easy (can't understand very well).
> Hope you can help me!

Your explanation is not bad.  But, the fix that you describe looks
basically right to me.

It is hard to fix a program that I cannot see.

Can you attach a *complete*, but *simple* example, as described here: <http://sscce.org/
 >, and ask the question again?

Do not attach your whole IRC bot.  Remove all the parts which are not
a part of your problem, but make sure that, if I do 'python your-irc-
bot.py', it will run and do something.

Thanks, and good luck!