[Twisted-Python] Using a custom reactor in twisted trial for test cases?

Crispin Wellington cwellington at ccg.murdoch.edu.au
Sun Nov 1 23:31:59 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 14:06 +0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
> As for your actual question, if you want a new reactor to be as usable
> as one of the existing ones, you need to write a plugin declaring its
> available.  Take a look at twisted/plugins/twisted_reactors.py for some
> examples.

So if I make a 'plugin' that declares a
twisted.application.reactors.Reactor in the way done so inside
twisted/plugins/twisted_reactors.py, how do I make twisted trial pick it
up? Or do I actually have to add it into
twisted/plugins/twisted_reactors.py? Or monkey punch it in? If so, where
do I bootstap it in? Trial seems to need the reactor before TestCases
are even loaded.

Thanks again for any help

Crispin