[Twisted-Python] Mac-owning Twisted programmer(s) wanted for interactive museum project

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Sun Mar 29 09:41:54 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We are working on a large Australian museum project due to open in May
and expecting more than 300,000 visitors per year.  We urgently need a
few more highly-skilled python programmers to help get us across the
finish line.  On the digital side, this 10,000 square foot "Museum of
Democracy" features

    - an interactive timeline made from 14 52" touch screens.
    - a 270-degree cylindrical theatre of choreographed voxpops
    - touch interactives that solicit visitor opinions on museum content
    - RFID-enabled passes that, among other things, provide content for
      non-English speakers and accessibility to vision impaired visitors.
    - roughly 45 short films spread over 20 different viewing areas
    - on the technology side, we are using Twisted and CoreAnimation
      through the pyObjC bridge.

If this sounds interesting and you:

    - are a savvy python programmer with either extensive Twisted or
      pyObjC experience, or
    - are an ObjectiveC guru with CoreAnimation experience and
      proficient in python

    and

    - are experienced in object-oriented software development
    - can work remotely as part of our globally-distributed team
      (our team has members in Czech Republic, London, Guernsey,
      Australia)
    - have access to a Mac for local development
    - are committed to unit testing (we use trial and buildbot)
    - are available for full-time employment from now through the
      end of May (and perhaps longer).
    - are comfortable with SVN and Trac

then please contact me directly at darran at edmstudio.com.  As part of
your response, please provide

    - a resume, preferably focused on python and/or osx development
    - a code sample demonstrating your Twisted, pyObjC or Objc prowess
    - example of a unit test you've written
    - your availability
    - your desired hourly rate

Note, we are after Twisted python and/or CoreAnimation gurus, not
general python programmers with an interest in Mac.

Cheers,
Darran

P.S. Apologies if the above "job posting" isn't welcome on the list; I
looked but couldn't find any restrictions in this regard.