FW: [Twisted-Python] strange server crash

Alec Matusis matusis at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 02:31:57 EDT 2009

One more thing:
This server has ECC memory, and it also has a BMC controller that externally logs all hardware errors independently of the memory condition.
>From what I understand, ECC memory module has an extra memory chip for data hashes. When data is written into ECC memory, the hash is created and stored in the extra chip, and when it's retrieved, the hash is checked. When a mismatch occurs, even if kernel does not log such error, the BMC controller logs it as
# ipmitool sel list
1c10 | 02/19/2009 | 16:29:39 | Memory #0x08 | Uncorrectable ECC |
..
I retrieved the system even log (SEL) list from the BMC controller, and  are no errors whatsoever.

This looks like a Python error or something very basic. It started happening after I slightly changed the code for this particular server.