[Twisted-Python] So how does everyone use an ORM in twisted?

coder_gus coder_gus at lavabit.com
Mon Mar 23 16:48:14 EDT 2009

So, basically what you say is that if I do something like:

def dataReceived(self, data):
    reactor.callInThread(f, data)

and later you have:
def getData():
    data = orm_session.query(Object).filter(data).all()
    return data # eagerloaded, lazyloaded and put in any format you like

reactor.callFromThread(getData)

at the time of the query or when lazy-loading an attribute the reactor
would block?

And if so, why is that? I do not know the internals of the reactor nor
the ones of the ORM and I am interested why something like this won't work.

Thanks.

P.S: Sorry for the vaguely python pseudo-code, hope you got the idea.