[Twisted-Python] Ticket 1009

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 17 13:44:30 EDT 2009

Hi Colleagues:

I guess I am making today "Look at Twisted Documentation Day." I am looking at ticket 1009.

For inline generator examples, here is the example I use in "Adventures in Stackless Python Twisted Integration." In turn, this example comes from the discussions in I believe January 2008 with JP Calerone.

I can modify the example (and perhaps add illustrations) to show situations where inline generators are handy.

Example of using an inline generator to make a Twisted call from a
protocol handler

class MyRequestHandler(http.Request):
    def process(self):
          result = \
          yield client.getPage("http://localhost")
        except Exception, err:
          log.err(err, "process getPagecall failed")
          self.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html')