[Twisted-Python] SIP Registrar

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Jun 22 10:18:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:23:28 +0200, Guenter Dannoritzer <tvmrfusnucnc at spammotel.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to run a SIP registrar.
>
>So far I used an example that comes with the Perl Net:Sip Package:
>
>http://search.cpan.org/~sullr/Net-SIP/
>
>As I am more familiar with Python, but not yet with twisted, I tried to
>find a simple example that runs a SIP registrar based on twisted.
>
>I searched this mailing list and found a post about rather using the
>Divmod Sine sip implementation than this one. On the other side it seems
>like that some of this functionality is back ported into twisted.

The back port is not yet complete, so Divmod Sine is still more functional
and easier to use (as well as less buggy) than the SIP code in Twisted.  I
would suggest either helping to complete the port, or using Divmod Sine
directly.

You can read more about the progress of the port in the issue tracker:

  http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3584

(including a detailed list of what remains to be done).

>Does the current twisted implementation provide enough functionality to
>implement a SIP registrar?

Probably, but I don't know of any examples of doing so.  The Divmod Sine
code definitely provides this functionality, and you can find a registrar
implemented in Divmod Sine itself.

Jean-Paul