[Twisted-Python] Question about a custom byte oriented TCP protocol

Michael Thompson michaelnt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:09:00 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I'm trying to use twisted to talk to an existing system that uses a byte
oriented protocol stuffed inside a TCP packet. I have implemented this using
the IntNStringReceiver modified to look at some bytes to calculate the size
of the string to receive.

For simple test cases where I send a single packet this works but if I send
multiple requests they all end up in the same tcp packet which the existing
server doesn't like. How can I ensure that only a single command\string is
sent per tcp packet?

I tried TCP No Delay but that didn't seem to help

Regards, Michael