[Twisted-Python] Questions about adding documentation

Steve Steiner (listsin) listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Fri Jul 31 22:46:25 EDT 2009

On Jul 31, 2009, at 10:25 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 15:37 -0400, Ying Li wrote:
>
>> version (currently 8.2.0) but this is meaningless to me.  I think a
>> big improvement would be putting in a small bit of context around the
>> documentation , such as:
>>
>> * when the howto/tutorial was last updated
>> * what version (of deferreds/imap/whatever the howto/tutorial is
>> about) the howto/tutorial was written for
>>
>> What would be even more useful, although it would also be a lot more
>> work, is to perhaps link to a diff between the code as it is now and
>> as it was when the tutorial was written.  Or just a changelog.
>
> Could you file some bugs to that effect, so we don't forget these
> suggestions? Thanks!

Sorry for not being familiar with the overall system, but where would
one put a suggestion regarding the overall date/time/version stamping
of every document in the system?

I'd be happy to propose a standard format but I'm not sure where to
put it so it's universally applied (across all products).

I know Jessica McKellar <jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> started working
on the "ContributingToTwistedLabs" wiki how-to-edit-documentation docs.

Can we get it in there, or where would be the best place to get this
started?

I've CC's Jessica to see how she thinks this might be integrated as
well.

Thanks,

AKA/ssteiner
AKA/ssteinerX at gmail.com