[Twisted-Python] PLAINAuthenticator in twisted.mail.imap4

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Jul 29 13:07:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:55:54 -0500, Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>Can anyone tell me what the recommended way to run the twisted test suite
>against my trunk checkout is (on Win32)?  I can't seem to make it work.  I
>just get a bunch of DeprecationWarnings and then a stack trace complaining
>about not being able to remove my
>_trial_temp directory...

You're close, I think.  Unfortunately, a recent change to trial to make its
temporary directory feature safer has some inconvenient interaction with
state left behind by trial invocations made prior to that change.

Specifically, trial will no longer delete the directory it intends to use as
the temporary working directory (_trial_temp by default) unless it finds a
special marker inside it.  This makes it less likely that a user will delete
a directory they care about by accident.

If you just delete your _trial_temp directory, the problem should go away.
Trial will create the new one such that it recognizes it and will delete it
on its own.

Jean-Paul