[Twisted-Python] (Mis)indented Posts

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Jul 27 09:07:08 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:46:39 -0400, Gerrat Rickert <grickert at coldstorage.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>>I really don't know how that could be specific to the twisted python
>>list. I notice in the referenced message, Mark Sapiro says that
>>rebuilding the archives from the mbox file generated correct threading
>>for him. Well, I just did that, ("mmarch --wipe twisted-python") and
>>it generated the same incorrect bad threading.
>>
>>Perhaps it's a bug in mailman 2.1.9-9ubuntu1 which has been fixed
>>already upstream?
>>
>>James
>
>Thanks for testing this James.  Before I send this back to the mailman
>list, could you tell me, would that be a "stock" 2.1.9-9ubuntu1 mailman
>installation you rebuilt on?  ie. is there any custom configuration
>specific to this list that could be causing this odd behaviour (instead
>of a bug with the ubuntu version)?  [please excuse my ignorance if this
>question doesn't make sense - I know nothing about mailman...I just want
>to stop hijacking threads when I post here]

I was reminded of this thread when I came across what appears to be the same
bug on the Tahoe list:

  http://allmydata.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2009-July/thread.html

Notice multiple posts in threads they don't look like they belong to, as
well as many threads which have nonsensical levels of indentation.

I'm not sure if anyone ever answered your question about twisted-python's
mailman installation being "stock" or not.  If not, then I think I can
confirm that it is.  There is also no configuration that would alter this
behavior, as far as I know.  We've probably set a few options via the admin
interface, but I don't think any of those should affect this behavior.

Jean-Paul