[Twisted-Python] Possible Twisted sprint
jml at mumak.net
Wed Jul 8 00:31:53 EDT 2009
I've recently returned from EuroPython where I got a chance to work
with Thomas Hervé on Twisted. In the giddy rush of success I thought,
"Wouldn't it be great if we could get a whole week to do this?".
I propose that:
- we arrange a week long sprint in Boston this year.
- we ask the PSF & the TSF to assist with travel expenses for some
of the more distant community members
- the Boston folk arrange a venue
- individuals figure out how to get the time to attend.
- we determine a date asap.
In the absence of any better ideas, I suggest that the theme of the
sprint be "fix as many bugs as possible".
As for the date, it should be no sooner than September 7. As a
starting point, let's say Sep 28-Oct 2.
Because we'll be asking external entities for money, it's important
that we get the details sorted out as soon as possible: when is it
going to be, who is flying in, how much do we need.
And, of course, the most important detail -- do you think we should do this?
More information about the Twisted-Python