[Twisted-Python] untwisting twistd

Mikhail termim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:08:21 EDT 2009

IMHO there is a misunderstanding here. The point, at least from my POV is
to have the same functionality provided by twistd but with a different
interface. Right now twistd is a starter script that is used like:

    twistd -noy -l my.log my_app.tac

As far as I can understand the OP is missing (me as well) the possibility
to have the same functionality with:

   python my_app.py -noy -l my.log

or

   my_app -noy -l my.log

without writing any kind of wrapping shell/python scripts.

In other words, if we consider example from the book:

file reverse_app.py:

    from twisted.application import service
    import reverse

    application = service.Application("Reverser")
    reverserService = reverse.ReverserService(()
    reverserServise.setServiceParent(application)

and:

    twistd -y reverse_app.py

I'd like to be able to have:

file reverse_app2.py:

    from twisted.application import service
    import reverse

    application = service.Application("Reverser")
    reverserService = reverse.ReverserService(()
    reverserServise.setServiceParent(application)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    from twisted.SOMETHING import run

    run(...)

Regards,