[Twisted-Python] How to write (network) integration tests with Twisted?

Alessio Pace alessio.pace at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:02:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I would like to put in my suite of tests some integration tests which deal
with running some exchange of messages among 2 endpoints (bound locally on
the same machine on 2 different ports).

I noticed (and read afterwards..) that I can't run()/stop() the reactor
multiple times, so I was wondering what's the suggested way to deal with
this kind of situation.
Sorry if perhaps it is documented somewhere on the Twisted doc but apart
from the mention to "Trial" (which I'm not sure responds to my needs) I
haven't found much.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Alessio Pace.