[Twisted-Python] getProcessOutput on windows

Shawn Church shawn at schurchcomputers.com
Fri Jan 16 20:54:30 EST 2009

I am developing an application on Linux for deployment on Windows.  I want
to use the getProcessOutput function but seem to remember problems with the
windows reactor and processes last time I tried this (a couple years ago).
I've gone through the active bugs and did not see anything critical to my
usage except maybe #2789,  which is a year old and apparently not going to
be addressed due to Windows limitations.

Is getProcessOutput usable on Windows?  If not any suggestions for an
alternative?  Note that for this application I do not care about output
while the process is running,  I just want to reap the output (or error)
when the process is done.

Thanks for your help,

Shawn