[Twisted-Python] reactor.stop() and thread and wxPython problem

Stephen Waterbury waterbug at pangalactic.us
Fri Jan 16 09:06:14 EST 2009

Reza Lotun wrote:
> * Have the reactor run in a seperate thread from wx (making sure to
> use reactor.run(installSignalHandlers=False))
> * Spawn threads from wx->Twisted in the proper way: use
> reactor.callFromThread(reactor.callInThread(someCall))

I'd second that -- I've used the pattern described here:
http://netofpeers.com/wiki2/index.php/WxPython_And_Twisted_Example

... to implement a wxpython client for David Ripton's ampchat example
(his uses a pygtk client):
http://ripton.net/hg/ampchat

... you can access my clone of ampchat (with wxpython client) here:
https://pangalactic.us/repo/ampchat/

Steve