[Twisted-Python] django with twisted 8.2.x: 2009

V S P toreason at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 14 17:48:39 EST 2009

wanted to ask for some help in getting django running with
twisted webserver for my experiments.

Using Python 2.6
Twisted 8.2.0
Django 1.0.2
on windows xp for now.

I searched the documentation , most of the blog entries/etc were
in '07 about this setup.  And most refer to web2 plugin for twisted
as it support for wsgi.

I looked at the web2 page on twisted matrix and it said that its
functionality will be ported back to 'web' module as they become stable.
I then browsed 'web' module subdirectory and I saw wsgi there
(and I assume this is what's needed for django).

So to shorten the story, this is what I tried:
I downloaded the example web server web.py, made sure it works
with the test file (and it does).

Then I added another 'processor' for files with extensions .wpy

root.processors = {
            '.cgi': twcgi.CGIScript,
            '.php3': twcgi.PHP3Script,
            '.php': twcgi.PHPScript,
'.wpy':  wsgi.WSGIResource,
            '.epy': script.PythonScript,
            '.rpy': script.ResourceScript,
            '.trp': trp.ResourceUnpickler,

then I created a simple django file
------------- views.wpy ------------
from django.http import HttpResponse

def hello(request):
    return HttpResponse("Hello world")

and tried to run it.  That, of course did not work,
for one because I did not create a 'resource' global.

But basically, I do not think I am going right way about it,
therefore decided to stop and ask.

thanks in advance
  V S P
  toreason at fastmail.fm