[Twisted-Python] Looping

Andy Fundinger Andy at newworldelectric.com
Sun Jan 4 22:19:23 EST 2009

In twisted a polling loop usually translates into either a system of
reactor.callLaters or a twisted.internet.task.LoopingCall.

Either like this this:

    def __init__(self,oaf,interval=600):

    def checkSystem(self):

or like this:

    def __init__(self,oaf,interval=600):

When I wrote what may be a similar system I actually set it up to refresh
only when a client requested the output and the local copy was out of date,
so you may actually prefer that approach.

-Andy Fundinger

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Robert Hancock <hancock.robert at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a process that takes a list of URLs, uses client.getPage() to
> retrieve the data, writes the contents to disk, and then moves the
> file to another directory.
>   # get feed list - this is a list tuples
>    # url, name, username, password
>    url_tuples = feed_list(feed_file)
>    global C_URLS
>    d =  defer.succeed(log_start(log))
>    for tup_url in url_tuples:
>        C_URLS += 1
>        d.addCallback(get_page, tup_url)
>        d.addErrback(get_page_error, tup_url[0])
>        d.addCallback(page_to_file, tup_url)
>        d.addErrback(page_to_file_error)
>        d.addCallback(file_to_rsync_queue)
>        d.addErrback(file_to_rsync_queue)
>        d.addCallback(stop_working)
>        #d.addErrback(self.gotError, (feed[0], 'while stopping'))
>    reactor.run()
> I want to put this into a loop and run it as a daemon, but the looping
> is causing me a problem.  I've tried making the above into a procedure
> (minus the stop working call back and reactor.run())  and it does not
> run.  Any suggestions on how to encapsulate this into loop would be
> gratefully appreciated.

Blog:  http://channel3b.wordpress.com
Second Life Name:  Ciemaar Flintoff

How could you possibly think typing 'import skynet' was a good idea?