[Twisted-Python] installation help

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Feb 4 09:56:48 EST 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 13:35:59 +0000, Arie Lakeman <arie.lakeman at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>I've taken an interest in event driven programming, I came across twisted
>and liked the look of it, I've tried downloading the .dmg from
>twistedmatrix/trac unfortunately after trying multiple installations
>including direct installation to both the folder where python is found
>(under system/frameworks...) and by changing the sys.path to another
>directory I fail to be able to import twisted in the interactive prompt.  I
>have a hunch I may be missing OpenSSL (occassional errors) but I don't know
>enough about this (after googling) to be able to resolve this.

I've never tried to install Twisted on OS X except by using setup.py to do
a single-user installation.  However, I'm pretty sure that if you provide
more details about how exactly the installation process fails you'll be
more likely to get someone else who does have a clue to help you out.

Be detailed in what steps you took and what the consequences were.  Where
there are errors, include them verbatim.

Jean-Paul