[Twisted-Python] twisted version of openid

Phil Christensen phil at bubblehouse.org
Wed Dec 30 02:14:35 EST 2009

On Dec 29, 2009, at 1:31 PM, Kevin Horn wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Raj kumar
> <k_r_a_j_kumar at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
> Currently I'm having a server running under twisted. I'm planning to
> implement openid in my application. Is there any twisted version of
> openid api? I need some reference to go through openid examples.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Raj.
>

> Google is you friend: https://launchpad.net/txopenid
>
> It may not suit your purposes exactly, but it seems like a good
> place to start.

txopenid is an identity provider for OpenID version 1.1. That is, it
can provide credentials for sites that accept OpenID logins, based on
data stored in a MySQL database.

It won't currently help you *accept* OpenID as an authentication
mechanism, but it's a great provider, IMNSHO ;-) I use it as my
identity provider, and so far it works well for my purposes. It also
has been pleasantly stable the whole time I've been running it (at
least as monitored by Nagios).

Also, it provides a number of utility functions that are essential to
the OpenID spec which should make writing a consumer a bit easier
(particularly in regards to hmac digest support and encoding integers
into their big-endian two's complement as a binary string...ugh)...

Admittedly OpenID is at version 2.x these days, so I'm hoping soon to
update the provider and/or write a consumer implementation. I'd like
to think OpenID is finally starting to catch on...

-phil