[Twisted-Python] order of remote requests

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Tue Dec 29 06:53:07 EST 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> > when I send two remote calls A and B over the network, in that
> > order, using the twisted perspective broker callRemote method,
> > is it granted that A is processed first on the other side even
> > if B  arrives first? Or should I only send B after I got an
> > answer to A?
>
> It depends on the server, and what exactly you want to happen.
>
> Perspective broker can have many concurrent remote calls on the
>  same connection, and depending on how the server is implemented it
>  might process those sequentially in the order they arrive, or
>  concurrently, or even in an arbitrary order.
>
> So if call A really must be completed before starting B, then the
>  client must not make call B until it knows A has finished.

I should have given more details, sorry.

I am writing both the server and the client with twisted pb.
The server (a game server) sends messages to four player clients.

Say the game server sends messages A and B to a player client.

Is it granted that the player client always processes A first even
if the internet routes the messages differently and B arrives
first?

--
Wolfgang