[Twisted-Python] How to profiling twisted web?

Wan Li wanliyou at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 10:32:24 EST 2009

Hi Gurus,

Currently I'm running twisted web via this command line:
twistd.bat web -n --path=%path%

and place a .rpy file in that directory which looks like following:
class MyResource
      def render_POST(self, request):
           do_something; write file and return

resource = MyResource()

My question is:
1. How can I turn on the --profile option?
2. Any way to know how many millisecond elapsed between "request received"
and render_POST call?
3. If there are a bunch of files need to be uploaded (say at 50MB/s speed )
and save by server, Should I write the file directly in render_POST or using
deferred call?

Thanks.