[Twisted-Python] UDP crashes python.exe when using IOCPReactor

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 15 20:39:47 EST 2009

On 15 Dec, 11:56 pm, thejash at gmail.com wrote:
>I've been struggling to move a large program over to IOCPReactor, but
>it is causing python.exe to crash on windows.  I reduced the error to
>this program, which crashes almost immediately on all the machines
>I've tested it on.  Am I doing something wrong?

First thought, Windows 7 isn't a supported platform.  Little or no
effort has been spent on getting Twisted working there.  As a start, you
might try running the test suite to see what passes and what fails.

Next thought, you're installing the reactor wrong.  Instead, you should
be doing:

    from twisted.internet import iocpreactor
    iocpreactor.install()
    from twisted.internet import reactor

As documented in the reactor selection howto:

    http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/choosing-
reactor.html#auto8

Jean-Paul